Tuesday 10 March 2009

i am meant to be noting 35 pages of my text book, so i'll keep this brief for now.....

first off, i will say that stereotyping really shits me off. i know it is all in jest, but the fact is that i grew up totally oblivious to the -isms: racism, sexism, and phobias of those different (ir homophobia). i was never pressured to believe certain things, and due to this, i soaked up my parents like a sponge. its why i am who i am today.
stereotypes, like i said, irritate me.
i have a feeling that i am going to get many more comments such as thus: "do your parents know you're going out with a chinese boy?" and "so you like asians do you?

i have only one thing to say on the matter:

WTF?!
to me, those things don't matter. yes, i admit it, there are some of the asian decent that i find very very appealing. there are others that arent 'white' that i think are gods gift to women. whats the point of this shock that im dating someone? there is none. only of his nationality. ugh.

4 comments:

  1. My boyfriend as of yesterday is Indonesian. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't get it. And yeah, I know this isn't quite the same but I got quite a lot with my gf. Oh so you like younger girls and stuff like that. It is really all very stupid and immature

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's that he's Asian, T just think it's because he's a very dangerous character :-P

    In all seriousness, it's fantastic that you don't make such distinctions. Sadly, racism has many names and takes many forms, and often it comes from the least expected source. It isn't the decisions you make that define you so much as the reasoning behind the decision - if you love him, pursue. I think I'm preaching to the converted here, but keep at it Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that's true, however, on that note, there is a slight difference between age, and race ... it's possible to have an age gap of more than 3years, and for a certain age bracket, that's not cool....
    but that's my opinion, and i respect other peoples opinion and wishes, but i'll always see it as being a little ... off...
    but yeah, prejudice is stupid, and sadly unavoidable.

    ReplyDelete