Thursday 18 February 2010

"Daddy, what's the name for the place under the kettle?"

So, I've spent the last 15 minutes fixing my space bar, which I broke yesterday whilst trying to clean under the keys.
Note to self: never take keys off again.

My friend nick told me that if we'd got together he wouldnt have left for the army. I'm not entirely sure what to think of this, because theres never been a good time for us TO get together. Mainly because he has a long term girlfriend, and the only time that he DIDNT, I was with james. Bloody waste of time THAT was. Though, I do love my phone. :) But.... It did make me feel sad. Mind you, for all the tension, I don't think we'd make a good couple. But still........ it was an interesting revelation to have come from the kid.

I'm going to a movie night at April's on Friday, consisting of Matt, April and I, and I'm rather excited. Mainly because I get to see Matt. Feel kinda bad about that being the primary reason for excitableness, but still...... I like him, and this is a bit of a revelation considering I've been down in the dumps for almost the entire year so far. I just don't want to get half way through, and then realise I didn't really want to go down that road, primarily because he's rather a fantastic person and I don't want to do that to him.

I have softball practice on Thursday. I'm kinda looking forward to it, kinda not - it's an awful lot harder than I remembered, or ever expected. No-shows, not listening, and my general ineptitude are not helping. I need to know exactly what I'm going to say before I open my mouth - I'm so used to people knowing what I mean when I say 'the thing's on the thing'. Not just that, but I don't actually know every girl on my list, courtesy of them not turning up to the game. Need to have a little chat about that, and the notion of people focussing on the game, rather than their phones.
I appreciate the seniors, who can literally train by themselves, no instruction necessary! Ahhhh those were the days. I still need a person to score, learned the hard way that I can't coach and score. It's too hard.

I had a rather odd dream last night, which I think was triggered by chatting about Age of Empires with Matt the evening before. Everything was falling apart, and I was in a tribal village, some people I knew from reality, others not. We were hiding from the bad guys in some kinda shack with puppies, and I was sitting cross-legged on a bench or table, and I leaned back and felt myself falling. It was a dream - I don't feel pain in dreams, but this HURT. In actual fact, I'd been sitting cross legged, facing the wall on the side of my bed, and leaned back, and fallen off, hitting my head on something, either the floor or my desk chair, and wow it hurt!

Sleep walking, talking, general shenanigans during the night are nothing new to me, or my siblings, for that matter. When I was younger, my dad would often find me looking for things in the linen cupboard. Indeed, I've caught myself in there recently. While I used to have no recollection of things, I now wake up enough to know I'm doing something for a reason, though when fully conscious, I'm not sure what that reason is. I've leant over my bed and looked under it in the middle of the night to see if April was under there. Finding she was not, and hence determining she was safe, I went back to sleep. I've sworn and abused people in the room if they try to talk to me whilst asleep; been upset over the fact that something (?) wasn't fair because my friend Hannah had legs and I didn't and thus she was cheating, and adamant that I need a colour scheme with palm trees in it. I've hurled my pillow as hard as I can across my room, disregarding the fact there are lots of fragile thing in my room, because I could have sworn there were spiders crawling up my arm from on it. I've woken up screaming from a man in the park lands trying to abduct me. No exaggerations here.
However, each sibling has their own speciality: moving around whilst asleep, seems to be my main issue. My brothers, however is yelling and chronic swearing. After scaring me half to death one night, it got to a point late in year 12 where I would stay up just to hear him go off at 10.45. Imagine this: a dead silent house, not even the dogs or dad are snoring, nothing from outside. The only light, life, in the house is in my room, with my bedlamp and me reading. Suddenly from the other end of the hall you hear "WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK!" and then something about your sister, then nothing. Needless to say, I dropped my book in surprise. But since then, this has been rather entertaining :)
My sister's, on the other hand, is interaction with people. I am always the last one awake, and I would often make for my room, only to see the light from under Imi's door. I'd go in there as quietly as I could, put her book mark in, pop that on the bedside table and turn out the light. On the odd occasion I'd rouse her in the process, and she would talk to me about the light, or what I was doing in there, and so I'd patiently explain everything, and leave, closing the door behind me. I went to leave once, and she demanded I come back, refusing to let go of my pyjamas 'til I received a bone crushing hug. I had to tell her to let go because I couldn't breathe, covered her in her quilt and left. She has no memory of any of it. Next time, I think I might try some questions ^-^

I do worry that I'll be content enough to fall asleep at Aprils, as Matt's jokingly told me he'll start talking to me to get stuff out that I don't wanna say. =\ Heaven forbid he find out I like him but am hung up on Daniel. arphgkjsghlaiugb
Oh well.

Oh, and, just for interest, the quote title is from Dylan Moran Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment