Sunday 27 July 2008

Life. There Is No Other Alternative!

Today I read Randy Pausch's book, "The Last Lecture".
Today I mourn his death, two days ago, on July 25th 2008.
He died of pancreatic cancer, but before he did, he left a global legacy for his children.

Its not until something similar happens within your own life that you really begin to get the message that he's trying to convey: use your time on earth to live.

I have been kept mercifully away from death. I do not know how I will cope when it finally comes and takes away someone that I love.
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of a life without the people I care about.
I am afraid of a life without anyone to share my laughs, my tears, the successes and the failures; someone to eat grapes with in the summer sun and to tell my shockingly bad jokes to.

Isn't everyone afraid of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment