Saturday 12 July 2008

Happiness

Happiness is like a bubble that rises from my stomach (the origins of all my feelings, apparently) and expands in my chest until I cannot hold it any longer and it spills out of me in the form is a smile, a laugh or a really right hug.

It’s green and gold.

Don’t ask me why - I have no idea whatsoever.

It's drinking hot chocolate lying on a friend’s bed reminiscing about when we were kids

It's talking to someone and realising that you sound exactly like your favourite comic

It's lying on the grass cool grass, smelling the dirt and grass in the air after running around with the dog

It’s the feeling that sends me so high that all my strings are taut and threatening to snap, sending me soaring into the air, flying over all the sad or miserable people of this earth.

I am one of those people sometimes, but then I remember that summer is coming.

Summer is the highlight of my existence - it is a perpetual happy-bubble for three months straight.

The trees are green, the air is warm, and me and Hannah lie on the grass in the middle of the oval and eat grapes fresh from the supermarket, the sun beating down, laughing.

This is happiness.

Total bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment