Friday 9 December 2011

A little recap

With several hours to kill before I need to leave the house, I find myself wandering aimlessly, unsure what to do with myself: it's been pouring all morning and its cold. So much for December... it's killed any plans to play with the dogs or go swimming, or pretty much be outside whatsoever. It's the middle of summer and I find myself eyeing off the ugg boots, laying forgotten in the corner.

Instead, in an attempt to make lemonade out of the situation, here I am.
So, an update on whats been going on in my sheltered little world:

Exams came and went without a hitch (mostly).They were vastly different from the predominantly multiple choice, can-finish-a-three-hour-exam-in-forty-minutes affairs of last year. Seen essay exams aren't so much fun: I spend so long prepping the essays that I didn't get any other revision in for the second half of that particular subject.... Here's hoping I did okay.

Regardless, I get my final grades tomorrow, on Saturday. Why then, rather than today, I do not know, but I DO know that nothing I can do will make any difference to them whatsoever now, so I've been thoroughly enjoying the last few weeks, rather than stressing about what my GPA will be as of 24 hours from now.

In the meantime, I've been running errands, working all weekend (yes, I have my schedule backwards in that regard, and it doesn't appear to be changing any time soon- one of the perks of being a full time student), and drinking with a friend-come-recently-graduated-nurse. Foolishly forgetting that I had to work what resembled a split-shift the next morning, I started playing drinking games at said friends, which was fun.... and then someone introduced the absinthe. The real stuff is illegal in Australia because of the Wormwood infusion. To my knowledge (please, someone correct me if I have it mixed up), Wormwood is a hallucinogen, and can cause some pretty crazy antics (though I put that to the 64% alc/vol ratio). Though not the worst off in the group, I was so sick the next day, and work was so horrendous, I since vowed never to touch the stuff again. One shot was enough for a long time, and I, nearly a week on, still have a trace of the nausea from that weekend when I eat anything substantial, like food.

However, when not poisoning myself from the inside out, I've been out and about, seeing as many people as I can - despite the shitty weather today, it's been one big social gathering: a nice change from camping out alone in the library mezzanine all day, every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment