Thursday 6 January 2011

New Years

I am well aware that this comes 6 days late, but hey, we all have things to do, and yours truly is no different.
Really, I havent had the time, or the will, to think about things in general until now (payback for being up early every morning thanks to work, even when I'm not actually working).

Last year's been one of the biggest upheavals in my life since...... well, ever. Only to be superseded by birth, I suppose.
I got asked yesterday whether uni was a big change from school. I just laughed.
Understatement of the century, right there. There's only so much prep one can recieve without having someone already in the system to help. It took just about the whole year to get into the swing of it, but now that I'm here..... I love it. I don't know what will happen when I graduate ........ But thats 3 years away, so I'll worry about that in 2.

I fell in love for the first time, and I've had my heart trampled, broken, and healed. I've made mistakes, some that I can't ever change for the better.
There's been fights of epic proportions, to the point of packing up to leave (to where, I didn't know). There's been a stronger temptation to drive off a cliff than there ever was, and now I have the capability, it was all the easier.
And yet, I found smiles, laughs, friends. Best friends, that I can trust, rely on, and speak frankly with.
I found the love of my life.
I discovered the wonderfully hazy world of nightclubs. And their price.
I've learnt independance, and prioritising.- with the exception of facebook.

Despite all this, I've not spent one week straight in my own bed since June, and it's had its toll: I've had a persistent sense of displacement, that I live out of my car, and not a house.
While not strictly true.... It kinda is.


I need to ask, though, what's with the new fashion of wearing tops that come up to your boobs and a totally bare midriff?
Kiddies are wearing it when they shouldnt, and when it doesnt suit them.
Welcome to the world of stick people and oversexualised children.

Every year, the world changes a little bit more. Sometimes, it's a lot more. But I'm not sure that I like it.
The only thing I can do is keep being me, and don't let anything compromise this. Not even clothes, not even people. And then sit back and see where this life is leading, and pray that we don't kill ourselves on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment