Monday 17 January 2011

"What's on your mind?"

It's the invitation to create a Facebook status, staring at me from the screen. At which point, a gazillion things flash into my conscious, and 99% are better left to myself. There's the angry comments, the I-told-you-so's, the stupidly lame ones, the boring ones, the freakishly inappropriate, the declarations of the blindingly obvious......


which one to pick?
in the end, it's always the same - a cryptic revelation as to what's going on, without ever really saying what, secretly hoping that someone talks to you about it, like this is somehow an indication they care.

Instead, there's the dozens of people who see it and move on, with their own thoughts, if any. No doubt few are kind.

It's like a notice board for your life, for people to pick through, without knowing what's really going on. Same with fb friends. Do I know them? Yes, perhaps. Am I friends with them?
....... not really.

Therein lies the ultimate question - to keep the people i've met, but am not close with, or to remove them all, and be left with like... 30 people.
Sounds like a good plan to me.
A safer plan, where you can actually say what's on your mind.

Or better yet -- pick up the phone and call someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment