Friday 28 October 2011

Finally, a reason to get genuinely excited.

Guest lecturer today - little bit goofy, humour was a little off-beat, but my god was he educated. I was having trouble keeping up, just because he was talking like an academic (it takes some time to know that superior-lateral means top-and-side-simultaneously, without thinking about it first). It was brilliant.  What he was talking about, is what I hope to be doing. Needless to say, the fact that he teaches one of my 3rd year courses is infinitley pleasing to me.
But hey, thats me.
Call me whatever you like, I like learning - it makes me feel like my world has some point to it. I get that this isn't for everyone, but those who are of the "I think this is bulls**t, and so I'm going to ridicule [insert name, or topic here]"..... Those people, I dont go out of my way to talk to about the newest thing I've learned, or am trying to understand - my enthusiasm is wasted on them.
It's disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment