Monday 10 October 2011

Clueless

So I haven't been around here for a while..... it's probably about time to kick it into gear. I started writing because I needed some way to ponder things aloud, where I'm just another person in a sea of millions.
Time has come to begin airing my mind again.

In a moment of oddly productive insanity a few weeks ago, I asked a guy I've liked for ages out for a drink. He said yes. I was ecstatic. Two weeks went by and he never called. I'd given up, then I got a message saying he was free to do something...... and has been busy ever since.

It's now a week and a half since then and my psych training is reminding me to look at the situation from a dozen different angles. Alas this means I'm developing multiple personalities, some kinder than others.

Needless to say, I'm frustrated that this is the first time I've ever gone so far out of my comfort zone to talk to a guy, and I'm left wondering if he's just too polite to say 'thanks, but I'm not interested'.
Chocolate and running take the place of obsessing, because we all know it's no good to ruminate on things that are out of your power to change. Mind you, I'm sure that if I cut out the chocolate, I'd be dropping kilos rather than fighting against gaining them. And so I join the plight of billions of other women around the world.

Still.
I'm new to this  game, and hopeless at talking to people that make me nervous, so I'm curious as to the where point of "just give up" lies, and whether I've far surpassed it without even realising.
Sad, isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment