Wednesday 9 March 2011

Uni's Back =]

There are times when I love sitting in the library for hours, alone at a table where I can spread, sort, and re-spread all my things. It's amazing how fast a 2x2m table can be covered when it's my seat of choice. Wednesdays I have 3 hours to kill between lectures and tutorials. Seeing as I'm a week behind in the readings thanks to my books being late, I figured it would be a good chance to catch up. This is all well and good..... until we get to stats.
It's not that its boring, tedious, and in a slightly weird font.... it's that I've heard almost all of it before, and the odd times I do skip paragraphs.... or..... pages as the case has been sometimes, theres a couple of sentences that are actually relevant. Just can't win on that one. Would seem I'm left with no option but to reread everything.
/headdesk/
The fact that the group learning wing (or as i like to call it - the side with beanbags and noise) has interesting paintings adorning each wall, and often, well, weird conversations floating through the air.... it's pretty easy to find a reason to stop reading about the ethics of conducting research.
For example..... I got to hear about the lifestyle of another student (in relation to questions from an assignment i myself had just finished writing), and stare in quiet thought at a photorealistic painting of a crouched woman on a blue background. Did I mention she's also stark naked? Further down theres a black/white airbrushed thing which looks like someone's put a giant line of masking tape through the middle for no reason.
Theres also a watercolour of the Coorong, and a strange perspective painting of a childrens room, at least 2.5m x 2.5m.
All the same things to me as last year. just as familiar. Doesnt stop me wondering how the hell they picked a naked lady to crouch amongst children.


I've done some quick maths about homework loads this year and almost had a freakout. I'm expecting stomach ulcers by the end of november if this keeps up. They certainly hit the ground running in 2nd year. I mean, I do like weekly assessments, because it means there isnt a huge one at the end.... but its still irritating how much extra effort is involved in researching 8 or so different topics.
Not to mention the $$$ I need for art supplies each week. Feel the most unprepared for that one. I'm out of practice of keeping an art diary........ I'm so into words these days that I forget to draw a lot of the time, whereas my tutor is drawing like....ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Shes doing it even when she talks to us sometimes. I wonder if she realises she's doing it??
Maybe I'll end up like that - the slightly eccentric one, who's always interesting, but slightly...... odd. At all times.
maybe I'm already like that.
With all the work we have to do I think I might go crazy if I don't get it in some distinct order soon.

Heres hoping I survive the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment